Here is a quick guide to the new eMTB mode available as a software update from July 2017. This is a great new innovation from Bosch and will enhance our emtb riding significantly as it allows for more concentration on the actual ride and allowing the powerful Bosch motor and sensors to compute your power needs instantaneously.
Bosch press release: “The eMTB mode replaces the former Sport mode of the Performance Line CX and varies between the Tour and Turbo riding modes. With a maximum torque of up to 75 Nm, the motor dynamically boosts the pedal power of the rider between 120% and 300%. Depending on the pedal force, the progressive motor support automatically adapts to the individual riding style. Without any need to change the mode, the motor always supports the rider with the ideal amount of power, even at low cadences.”
The highlights at a glance
- No Trigger: More rider enjoyment without changing modes. There’s no need to change between the support modes; the rider can focus all of their attention on the trail.
- Direct Flow: Perfect support from the very first step. Steep uphill starts become noticeably easier.
- Progressive Support: For a natural riding experience and optimum control. Depending on the pedal force, the progressive motor support automatically adapts to the individual riding style.
- Trail Control: Improved control in difficult riding situations. Ensures the rider makes effortless progress and has the best possible traction in technical uphill sections and where there are obstacles.
- Maximum Momentum: With a torque of up to 75 Nm. The motor dynamically boosts the pedal power of the rider between 120% and 300% for sporty acceleration, even when riding over alpine terrain.
- Ultimative Uphill Flow: Uphill riding becomes an unforgettable experience; the rider always remains in the flow.
When will the eMTB mode be available?
As of model year 2018, the bike manufacturers have the option to equip all Performance Line CX systems with the new eMTB mode. For you as a retailer, the new eMTB mode will be available as a free software update for Performance Line CX systems from the model years 2016 and 2017 from July 2017 onwards!